What’s In My Makeup Bag This Week- Quick Tutorial
Hey dolls, I am always so excited when it’s time to share with you what’s in my makeup bag this week. Apparently you guys love it so much, that it has become my most popular post each week yay!
If you are not new here, then you know I love Julep. From what I know about Julep, their humble beginnings started with nail polish. Some years later, they expanded to foundations, lipsticks, blushes etc.
What I like about Julep, is that most of the looks are natural, quick, and something that can be worn everyday. This brand stands by following the trends, but at the same time creating looks that are easy, effortless, and innovative.
I have been using their products for a couple of months now, and so far there has not been a disappointment. This brand promotes really quick looks, looks that can be accomplished in five to ten minutes using hands.
I guess if there is a need to create a look quickly using the products it could be achieved, although a polished look is always the key.
In this post, I will share what’s in my makeup bag this week, and in addition I will share a quick tutorial of how I created the look. So without further due, here is the contents of bag this week.
List of Products:
- Blank Canvas Illuminating Treatment Primer- apply a pea-sized amount evenly over clean skin with fingers, wait a few minutes before apply makeup. (not pictured)
- Julep Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Tumeric
- Julep Sweep Eyeshadow Palette: Neutrals
- Julep Eyeshadow 101 Stick Champagne Shimmer
- Julep Long Lasting Eyeliner (When Pencil Met Gel) Smoky Plum
- Julep Length Matters Buildable Lengthening Mascara Jet Black
- Julep Creme To Powder Blush Stick Golden Guava
- Julep Creme To Powder Blush Stick Sheer Glow
- Julep it’s Balm Lip Crayon ( Almost Nude Creme)
Here are a few swatches of the creme to powder blushes above with the lip crayon lipstick.
Here are a few pictures of the look that I was able to create.
In case you are wondering, my eyebrows were created using the Two Faced Brow palette. I know that I have mixed feelings on the highlighter in the palette, but the brows always come out so nice. Moving on to the tutorial lol.
- Apply pea sized amount of primer to the face.
- Add your favorite foundation, here I used three colors of Julep stick foundation. I used Clove (which is my exact match), Beige, and Mocha for contouring. Beige is used under eye, and mocha is used on the cheeks and around the face.
- Apply neutral colors to create the look. For this look I used Tiramisu, Toffee (crease), Cocoa (crease), Glow (lid).
- Smooth on eyeshadow 101 on lid (champagne shimmer).
- Line the upper lids with your favorite liquid liner.
- Highlight for sheer glow- from brow bone to upper cheek bone soften with fingers.
- Add a flush of color add three dots going up the cheek bone, and soften with fingers.
- Build long lashes by adding Length Matters Mascara, top and bottom. Start at the base of your lash line, and pull wand upward smoothly without wiggling. Repeat coats until your reach the length you want.
- Add false lashes for extra emphasis.
- Line lower lid with When Pencil Met Gel smoky plum liner- or your favorite purple liner will do.
- Finish with chic nude lips- I used It’s Balm Almost Nude here.
If you would love to try out Julep products that I have listed here, you may purchase them here. They are also currently having a sale Free 5 piece gift when you join monthly subscription box, use code Freshgift during check out.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in ths post are affiliate links, if you decide to make a purchase I will receive a small percentage. Thank you for all of your support.
If you like this post let me know by liking, sharing, and following as it means the most. Have you used Julep before? Have you ever heard of them before? Leave your comments below.
I will see you all on the next blog post, don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss out.