A New You For The Holiday- Color Your Hair At Home
Disclaimer: This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #HolidayHairCare #sponsored, however, all opinions are all mine.
It’s time to update my look for the holiday. I have so many functions and parties to attend that I had to do something different. I have found that sometimes the quickest way to update your look is to change your hair. I thought about the idea of just coloring my own hair at home. I know that I could achieve amazing results by coloring my own hair at home by just following a few simple steps.
If you have been following me, you know that I am a Licensed Cosmetologist so I am not new at all to the coloring game. I wanted to take time to share this with you because it is simple and anyone at any level can color their hair at home using a brand at Walmart called Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color.
In this post, I will share with you how easy it is to color your hair at home, and in addition how I styled my hair at home to complete this simple look.
How simple this was going to my favorite store (Walmart) and picking up hair color. It sure beats the long waiting in a salon. There are so many options for Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color, but I knew that I wanted a pretty Burgandy, Mahogany, Rich color.
Look at all of these colors!
I went with Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color 5.6 Warm, Mahogany Brown.
Why Should You Choose Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color?
- Fuller Hair
- 80% less hair breakage
- Intensive Colors (they are amazing)
- All for 9.97 at your local Walmart
- Professional quality color.
- Skin tone matching reflexes.
- With keratin care complex & skin flattering pigments.
- 1 Application
My hair was a brown before, never been colored before only bleached. Previously, the hair was highlighted to achieve the color in the picture.
This was so simple to do at home, can you believe that there are only 3 steps? Remember before applying color, always do a skin patch test with gloves.
- 1st step before – pre-treatment. Apply the pre-treatment all of the hair to protect the hair. It smells wonderful, and it is very light.
- 2nd step during- with keratin complex. Combine the color and the lightener together and shake it. Apply all over your hair and let it sit at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- 3rd step after – Conditioner with extra keratin care complex. After rinsing color until the water becomes clear, apply the conditioner onto the hair. Leaving on hair for at least 2 minutes then rinse out.
Now it’s time to blow dry until the hair is completely dry, and I did not apply any products here. I just blew the hair dry from wet to dry.
Side by side here is the before and after pictures.
Time To Style
- 1st step- separate your hair into four quadrants. It makes the styling so much easier to control.
- 2nd step- Use a Flat iron to style your hair. To create this curl, the flat iron has to be held straight out from the head, just like the picture.
- No combing is needed just finger the hair into place.
No additional products were used while styling my hair, and my hair feels amazing. Now I am ready for my holiday parties, and I am so excited! Try this at home and let me know how it works for you.
- Keratin Color brings out confidence in every woman by gently restoring and augmenting her hair. With every purchase of Keratin Color, we can also help women get a fresh start through a partnership with Dress for Success®.
Are you ready for holiday glam hair? Go to your nearest Walmart to purchase Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color.
Have you ever colored your hair at home? Leave your comments below. Thanks for stopping in, see you on the next blog post.