Today is National Consignment Day
Do you know what today is? It is National Consignment Day! I know right, you may be wondering what all the buzz is about. Let me explain to you what National Consignment Day is all about. As the seasons change normally it becomes time to de-cluttered and throw things away. With this holiday, it benefits you to #neverthrowaway your items in storage. If you’ve got some stuff that you think is too valuable to give away but don’t want to go through the effort of a garage sale or selling it online on your own, consignment is a route worth considering.
On the first Monday in October, National Consignment Day offers a way to clean out your closet in a way that benefits you. The new holiday celebrates consignment as the smart, sustainable way to shop, earn money and extend the life cycle of your items. You may still be asking, what exactly is consignment?
What is Consignment?
Consignment occurs when goods are sent by their owner (the consignor) to an agent (the consignee), who undertakes to sell the goods. The consignor continues to own the goods until they are sold, so the goods appear as inventory in the accounting records of the consignor, not the consignee. This is a smart concept right? Now we have the advantage to take items in storage, and send them to a company who will in turn sell the items, and it is a win-win for everyone.
How Does it Work?
A consignment agreement is an agreement between a consignee and consignor for the storage, transfer, sale or resale and use of the commodity. The consignee may take goods from the consignment stock for use or resale subject to payment to the consignor agreeably to the terms bargained in the consignment agreement.
What are the Advantages?
- It’s a no risk option to sell your items- you were probably going to throw it away right lol? When I decided to de-clutter my closet, I do. I have thrown away all type of designer clothes, and designer purses. I still have a few designer watches and rings that I was thinking of getting rid of.
- It’s less hassle for you- so instead of throwing away, or just keeping those items that you would never wear again; now there is a away of receiving some form of payment for your goods that you have in storage.
- Consignment selling helps the environment- this is for those items that goes in a landfill that could be reused, and re-furbished (furniture) by someone else. Recycling isn’t only for paper and plastics – consignment stores accept most items in your home and sell them back to the community.
Wear can you Consign?
Have you heard about The RealReal? A little information about The RealReal:
- The luxury business is a $1.5 trillion dollar industry, and they are
revolutionizing it one consignment at a time.
- They believe in the lifecycle of luxury- they know the luxury consumer experience isn’t just about buying designer items, but also reconsigning them, sharing them with someone who will treasure them as much as you do.
- They are authentic- ensuring that every item on The RealReal is 100% the real thing, thanks to our dedicated team of authentication experts, horologists and gemologists. They know exactly how to tell real from counterfeit. So never worry about receiving the real thing.
Check out how Consignment works with the Real Real: The RealReal Consign and Sell today.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, although all opinions are mine. Please note, some links in this post are affiliate links, if you decide to make a purchase I will be paid a small percentage. Thank you in advance for your support.