How To Contour Your Whole Face
Hey beautiful! So, welcome back to my website. I just wanted to take a moment to show you something that I get lots of questions on, how to contour. To me, I just love, love contouring my face. It feels like a art, it allows me to create the most sculptured looks with my face. If oil painting is the finest form of art, contouring is definitely the finest art of make-up.
I have a hard time liking my makeup, or any makeup that is not contoured…am I the only one? Lol! It is trending right now, and it’s like why right, cause it is not new. There really is nothing new under the sun, as the word says. If you read allot of makeup books like I do lol, you will find throughout history that this trend is not new. It has been going on for ages! So the question is…why contour?
Why is Contouring Important?
Most women would underestimate the effect of contouring. It does not take a lot of time and it is something that can be done each and everyday. While the purpose of contouring is to accentuate the shapes of your face, and the best parts of your face…often times we just do not do it. Sometimes contouring can even make a face appear carved, create chiseled cheekbones, and drastically alter the look and shape of a face. So then, why are we all doing it lol, why are we not all contouring our face. Well, to be honest contouring is not a need, makeup can go without. I just find when I see it, I find perfection. Here is a picture of my contouring technique:
- Liquid foundation in your normal shade. … (Mine: 100% PURE Mousse foundation) they are offering free shipping too.
- Liquid concealer or foundation in a slightly lighter color than your skin. … (Mines: LA girls Fawn).
- Concealer, or a foundation slightly darker color than your skin. …(Mines: LA girl espresso).
- Setting powder (Mine: Laura Mercier Translucent powder).
- Set again with your favorite Contour kit (Mines: Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium to Tan Kit Contour).
- Don’t forget to nourish your skin first with my favorite face oil by Healing natural oil. Mines (Simply Face Oil).
Here is the final look:
How to Contour Your Face
- Start by using a your foundation or your concealers, a light one and a dark one.
- Use the darker of the two, and trace your temples, under your chin, and around your forehead.
- Use the lighter of the two, to draw on the center of your forehead, under your eyes, and right above your chin.
- Lastly don’t forget about your nose, line your nose with the darker on both sides and the tip of your nose. Highlight the center of your nose with a the lighter concealer or foundation of your choice.
- Finally, blend, blend, and blend well.
Lastly, set your face with your favorite translucent powder, and set with a contour powder kit just to be extra!
These are your steps to contouring your face. Remember always to start with clean skin, and always nourish your skin with a great oil. Prime your face for those pores, and the finished result will always be flawless!