How to Prepare Your Skin for Makeup Application
We all crave perfect skin. We are all watching the new reality shows, and looking at magazine covers and seeing women with flawless, healthy skin. Even though this may seem to be a difficult task for the working mom, I assure you that this can be achieved. Foundation and concealer can be applied but, if the prep is not right then the makeup application will not be right.
How to Prepare Your Skin
- Experts recommend to always start with a clean canvas. Never use wipes as they tend to irritate the skin. Cleanse and PH balance your skin. Choose the right cleanser is the first step to getting your canvas ready for the makeup application. Cleansing the skin removes all dirt and bacteria from the surface of the skin.
- Exfoliate your face. Exfoliating your face allows removal of lingering dead, flaky skin cells that would not normally be removed from basic cleansing.
- Apply a serum– try using a Vitamin C serum to seal back in the moisture that was removed during the exfoliation process. Serum doesn’t sit on the surface and protect your skin, it penetrates and really makes a difference. Start using it in your twenties as your targeted treatment; in your thirties and forties, use a serum with anti-aging benefits.
- Hydrate your skin helps removed dry skin allowing for a easier makeup application.
- Primer is used to prepare the skin by filling in the pores allowing for a smoother finish.
Now that you know how to prepare the face for makeup application, your makeup can too be flawless. To make life easier, start with a cleansing system. I will make a few product recommendations below to make life easier.
Thanks for stopping in, remember to subscribe and sharing is caring.